Tuesday, June 11, 2013



We left Monday at 6:45 on our trip to Custer, S D.  The weather was cloudy all day and we went thru 3 rain showers. We both were excited about leaving and we drove a total of 13 hours and 724 miles. We stayed in a truck stop parking lot on I64 in Illinois. Of course I woke up early and after drinking truck stop coffee, I woke Jed up a 5 am and after packing, we left at 5:30. Again, we drove all day and arrives in Mitchell, SD around 5 pm and are spending the night in Cabela’s parking lot, after 721 miles. How’s that for splitting the miles in half?

Tuesday morning, we are going to see the Corn Palace in Mitchell, then going to Wall to Wall Drug Store and The Badlands. I plan to unload the motorcycle and ride it as it is a 50+ mile trip. That should be fun for Jed. Then on to Custer.

This is being written Monday night and I will post it when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well. We have had rain for Sunday and Monday. It's dreary here.
    Make sure Jed writes in his book diary. He can probably get credit in school next year in English for it.

    ReplyDelete